Image Map

16.4.13

How to cut fabric on the silhouette (part 2)



The next few weeks I will be showing you how to make the most of your silhouette and do many different things. check in to see how.
_____________________________________






Today I'm going to show you how to cut fabric on your silhouette. I've done this a lot, but it can be hard to know what to do if your just starting. In case you want to see my past projects using fabric look herehere, and here.

1) The first thing you want to do is open up a shape in silhouette studio 

2) push the send to silhouette button on the top of the program 


3) Set up your ironing board. Iron some sort of bonding material onto the back of your fabric. 


TIP: Silhouette sells some expensive bonding stuff called interfacing, but I just use a cheap kind from walmart called heat and bond ultra. It's alot cheaper and works just as well

4) peel the baking off. (need help, look here). put it onto your cutting mat.
5) go to the silhouette cut settings and set it for cutting fabric.
6) cut! 

_____________________

hope this helps



1 comment:

  1. I also use my own bonding stuff. I'm not huge into buying into all the silhouette made products, except I do like the sketch pens! :) I really like sew to seam 2. I've found it at joann's. One package (of like 5 sheets) has lasted me years! I can't believe you're 14! Your blog is very professional, and I enjoy your writing style too!

    ReplyDelete