MADE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM
Today is my second "this summer I….." post. Today I'm sharing a recipe for delicious homemade peppermint ice cream. Yes I realize its not peppermint ice cream season, but hey, that didn't stop me.
I absolutely love peppermint ice cream, it's a personal favorite of mine. It's the easiest ice cream recipe ever and it only takes about 5 minutes of actual work, the rest of the time is just allowing the ice cream to stir.
doesn't it look delicious. Yah it got a little melty while I was taking pictures, the Arizona heat can do that to
you ice cream.
- 2 cups of heavy cream/ whipping cream (they are the same thing)
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/8-1/4 of a teaspoon vanilla extract (depending on how minty you like your ice cream)
- crushed up candy canes
- Place all ingredients, except the candy canes, in a bowl and combine until well blended.
- Pour mixture in to ice cream maker and mix until mixture thickens (about 20-25 minutes)
- Add in crushed candy canes and mix for an additional 5 minutes
** If you want to the ice cream to thicken even more put it in an air tight container in the freezer**
Also check out these posts: