Image Map

4.6.14

Peppermint Ice Cream

MADE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM

Today is my second "this summer I….." post. Today I'm sharing a recipe for delicious homemade peppermint ice cream. Yes I realize its not peppermint ice cream season, but hey, that didn't stop me. 



I absolutely love peppermint ice cream, it's a personal favorite of mine.  It's the easiest ice cream recipe ever and it only takes about 5 minutes of actual work, the rest of the time is just allowing the ice cream to stir. 




doesn't it look delicious. Yah it got a little melty while I was taking pictures, the Arizona heat can do that to you ice cream. 


 Another thing on my list done, 500 more to go, just kidding :).

Ingredients: 

  • 2 cups of heavy cream/ whipping cream (they are the same thing)
  • 1 cup of whole milk 
  • 3/4 cup of sugar 
  • 1/8-1/4 of a teaspoon vanilla extract (depending on how minty you like your ice cream)
  • crushed up candy canes 
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients, except the candy canes, in a bowl and combine until well blended. 
  2. Pour mixture in to ice cream maker and mix until mixture thickens (about 20-25 minutes)
  3. Add in crushed candy canes and mix for an additional 5 minutes 
  4. Enjoy 
** If you want to the ice cream to thicken even more put it in an air tight container in the freezer**



Also check out these posts: 






No comments:

Post a Comment