The best part is their cute, cheap, and almost impossible to kill. I've always loved the idea of having fresh flowers/plants around, but I wouldn't say I have a green thumb. Succulents are very low maintenance. You don't have to worry about draining them and if you forget to water them for a few days, they'll be fine.
I also love the fact that they're small, so you can put them into a mason jar, you don't have to get a big gigantic planter and worry about where to put it.
All I used to paint these jars was some acrylic paint, clear sealing spray paint, painter tape, and a nail file. their so easy to make and I love the distressed look of the paint.
- succulents ( I got mine at Lowe's for $2 a piece)
- Potting soil
- Pint mason jars
- Acrylic paint
- clear spray paint to seal
- painters tape
- nail file (for distressing)
- wax paper
- First look at the cuteness of your little succulents, just kidding.
- then take your painters tape and put it onto a piece of wax paper and cut it into thinner strips
- put your tape randomly on the jar and then paint. you can distress the paint with a nail file if you want.
- Add a coat of clear spray paint to seal the paint
- Put in the succulents and add some potting soil (remember to water them :).
check out these other posts: