Image Map

26.5.14

Geometric Mason Jar Succulent Pots


Have you noticed how popular succulents are getting? I've been noticing an increase in succulent projects as I've browsed Pinterest and blogs and decided to join in on the craze.



The best part is their cute, cheap, and almost impossible to kill. I've always loved the idea of having fresh flowers/plants around, but I wouldn't say I have a green thumb. Succulents are very low maintenance. You don't have to worry about draining them and if you forget to water them for a few days, they'll be fine. 




I also love the fact that they're small, so you can put them into a mason jar, you don't have to get a big gigantic planter and worry about where to put it.



All I used to paint these jars was some acrylic paint, clear sealing spray paint, painter tape, and a nail file. their so easy to make and I love the distressed look of the paint. 

Materials: 
  • succulents ( I got mine at Lowe's for $2 a piece)
  • Potting soil 
  • Pint mason jars  
  • Acrylic paint
  • clear spray paint to seal 
  • painters tape 
  • nail file (for distressing) 
  • wax paper 
Steps:
  • First look at the cuteness of your little succulents, just kidding. 


  • then take your painters tape and put it onto a piece of wax paper and cut it into thinner strips 

  • put your tape randomly on the jar and then paint. you can distress the paint with a nail file if you want. 
  • Add a coat of clear spray paint to seal the paint  


  • Put in the succulents and add some potting soil (remember to water them :). 






check out these other posts:






No comments:

Post a Comment