Image Map

4.2.14

"You're Sweet" Valentines (part one)

For me, Valentines is all about the cute little candy grahams with a play on words. Sometimes though, it's really hard to come up with these (I mean seriously have you seen the store bought valentines these days? Lame).

The Valentine idea I'm sharing today you can put on almost anything. 



This tag is super versatile. You can use it on cookies, candy, cake, you name it as long as it's sweet. 

I even made them in two different colors.


In this tutorial I used the pink, red, and gray version. But I also made a pink, red, and blue version.


Today and tomorrow, I'm going to be showing a few examples of how to use this tag. Today, I'm going to show you how to make a cute candy necklace.

Materials: 

  • cellophane
  • sewing machine (yes your going to use a sewing machine for this
  • twine/string
  • tags (get 'em here)
  • candy (I used peanut m&m's and kisses) 
Steps:
  1. cut a piece of cellophane that's 7 inches wide by however many inches your wrap is long
  2. fold the cellophane "hot dog" style and sew down the side 
  3. flip the cellophane inside out, so the seam is in the inside
  4. Tie off the end of one of the sides with a piece of twine
  5. put candy through the open end of the cellophane ( I used 10 M&M's and 5 Kisses)
  6. tie off the cellophane
  7. put more candy in (ect) 
  8. once you have filled the cellophane stuff one of the ends of the cellophane into the other and sew it together
  9. tie on a tag 


No comments:

Post a Comment