Hi everyone! You may have noticed the 30 handmade day creative team button on my blog. That is there because (yes) I'm now part of the creative team! I'll be posting over there once a month and so far I'm LOVING it! Make sure to go over and check it out: Thirty Handmade Days.
Today I'm going to share a great project. Not only is it cute, but it's super fun to make (it's fun for little hands too).
- Mini candy canes ( I saw them the other day at Michael's for around 50 cents a box :)
- Candy melts (preferably two colors)
- lollipop sticks
- On a baking sheet, place two candy canes next to each other with a lollipop stick in-between so it forms a basic heart.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven at three hundred degrees for 3 minutes. The trick about this is you want them to be bendable not melted.
- When they come out of the oven immediately shape them onto the stick and into more of a pretty heart shape.
- Once the candy canes have hardened, carefully spoon candy melts into the center of the pops and then drizzle a contrasting color over it.
- Allow it to harden (I found it helpful to put them in the fridge).