Image Map

25.11.13

Christmas Faux Chalkboard Art


IT'S. BEEN. A. WHILE.

So as you probably noticed, I've been taking a break from the blog for a while. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE to blog, but as I mentioned before I was having trouble with my camera and blogger. I decided I needed to step away from the blog, so I didn't explode. 

And that's what I've been doing for the past month. I'm reenergized and ready to blog again. Oh and here's some other exciting news… I'm getting a canon rebel for Christmas, but until then, I'll be using my moms camera. 



Anyway here's today's tutorial




Here's how to make it. 

1. gather your supplies (canvas, black paint, white paint, free silhouette cutout cut on vinyl, white chalk)
2. cover your canvas with a thin coat of black paint and allow to dry, paint on as many coats as you need until you reach the desired effect. 
3. when your canvas is dry, this out this file on vinyl. then transfer the NEGATIVE part of the vinyl to the canvas. Rub the vinyl down really well with a popsicle stick
4. paint inside the areas without vinyl with paint.
5. take the vinyl off
6. lightly coat the canvas surface with chalk and rub around until it reached the desired effect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment