Image Map

28.5.14

Lemonade Cupcakes


 MADE CUPCAKES 


Summer has officially started and this is my first "This summer I…" posts. To find out what I'm talking about go here and here. One of the things on my summer to do list is to make a cake. However, I decided to make cupcakes instead because they are quicker to make, cuter, and my mom already had leftover cupcakes that I could decorate.



They are super yummy. The cupcake part is just a yellow cake mix, but the frosting is lemonade kool-aid !!! Arn't they cute, they just scream SUMMER to me. 




Look at all those cupcakes just waiting to be eaten. Yum…………….

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients: 
  • yellow cake mix (really anything that isn't chocolate will work)
  • 1/2 a cup of shortening
  • 1/2 a cup butter
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 tbsp milk 
  • 1-2 packages of lemon kook-aid  (it just depends how much lemon flavor you want I wanted more so I used around 2 packets)
  • 8 oz block of cream cheese (softened)
  • yellow food coloring (the lemon kool aid only tints the frosting a little and I wanted it to be more yellow)
  • sprinkles 
Steps:
  1. mix together cake mix and stick cupcakes in oven 
  2. mix together shortening, butter, powdered sugar, milk, kool- aid, and cream cheese until it reaches a frosting consistency
  3. add in yellow food coloring until it reaches the desired color. 
  4. allow frosting to thicken in fridge for a half hour 
  5. pipe on to cupcakes (when cooled) and add on sprinkles

Check out these recipes:







1 comment:

  1. I never would have thought to use kool-aid to flavor frosting! I bet you could use other flavors too...hmmm! Thanks for the great idea! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete