Image Map

2.9.13

FUN sized Mini Tote Tutorial

For the summer months I posted on Mondays and Thursdays, I'm too busy to do that now, so I'm just going to be posting on Mondays. Thank you everyone for your support! 

-Emma

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *   *   *   * 

I present to you:

The TOTE


Well actually its more of mini tote, or as I like to call it:

The FUN Sized Tote

Image Map




This is actually the first tote bag I've ever made. I think it turned out pretty good. What about you?

 I even LINED it. Let me tell you, that was an adventure! I feel a little stupid now because it took me FOREVER to figure out how to put the lining and the outside of the bag together. 



AND I added a cute easy flower to the bottom (a tutorial for it will be coming next Monday)



I also boxed out the bottom, so it will hold more.... Perfection.






Materials:
fabric 1:
2 pieces of fabric cut 9x12"

fabric 2:
2 pieces of fabric cut 4x12"

fabric 3:
2 rectangles measuring 3.5x13"
2 rectangles measuring 13x 11" 





Step 1:
Piece together fabrics 1 and 2: pin right sides together and sew across the top to create square 1 and square 2.




Step 2: Pin square 1 and square 2 right sides together and sew three of the sides, leaving the top open. 



Step 3: Take the big rectangles of fabric 3 and sew them right sides together just like in step 2.



Step 4: Sew your handles. Take the small rectangles of fabric 3 and sew it right sides together into a tube. 



Step 5: Box the edges, I like to use this tutorial:

Step 6: Pin everything together. Put the liner inside the outside right sides together with the straps inside. Make sure to leave an opening. 

Step 7: Flip the tote inside out and sew around the whole top of the bag. You can also add a flower or bow to the bottom of the bag.

______________________
 Enjoy







No comments:

Post a Comment